Friday, November 19, 2021

What If!?

 Growing up I thought my life was one of ease, a life of self in which I tried to control everything, and a life spent living out the moment.  As I grew up…..So much changed!  As a friend of mine once said, "How's that working for you?"

I had to embrace difficulty, care for others and surrender to a greater cause, and learn the life of the eternal instead of the temporary.  I was searching, hoping that one day someone would call me to an adventure worth dying for.  I wasn't searching for God to take me to heaven, but hopes that there was more to this life, than just existing.  I was looking for someone I could follow.  It wasn't until I found Jesus at age 25 that I found the One I wanted to be like.

In becoming more like Jesus.. the Shift from who I thought I was became much more dramatic than one could imagine.  What If!?  Is that possible!?

Jon Tyson explains so well: Jesus left the ease of Heaven to embrace the difficulty of earth and of the cross; Jesus humbled and emptied himself, and he lived for others, not just himself; Jesus moved into a life of obscurity for us; Jesus surrendered, not trying to remain in control of his situation; and Jesus lived for eternal rewards, not a temporary reality.

Wow!  As Mary said, “May it be done unto me!”  

Father, empower me today to surrender to Your Will, Discipline Grace and Joy of Living fully Alive!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment